It is a first-of-its-kind expert speaker series across topics that really matter. From pregnancy to breastfeeding, kids’ nutrition to postpartum fitness and everything in between – this session intends to address all arenas. The Mamahood Project intends to enrich, engage and empower parents with powerful conversations by contributing to the social and emotional wellness of their families and the society as a whole.
The topics and speakers include
- Handing Your Toddler’s Behaviour in a Positive Way by Parent Educator Prerna Kalra and Aarabi Veeraraghavan a mother and professional dancer.
- Food and Nutrition for Kids by Meghana Narayan, co-founder of Slurrp Farm that makes healthy and tasty food products and Sharmila Ribeiro who is an Agriculture Economist and authored, Everyday Love’ – A mother’s guide to healthy cooking for kids.
- Postpartum Depression: Identifying and Coping by Dr. Jaishree Gajaraj who has 34-year-experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. She was instrumental in introducing Rubella and HPV vaccination programs, Cancer screening, Menopausal and Bone health undergraduation and post-graduation in Chennai. ‘Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, labour and delivery. Empower yourself with facts from experts from Motherhood Hospital at The Mamahood Project’ – Dr. Jaishree Gajaraj, Senior Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Motherhood, Chennai.
- The other speaker is Dr. Sharanya Thiagarajan OB-GYN with a fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, and an Embryologist as well. She is also the Managing Director at Mint Hospitals.
- Pregnancy and Labour by Dr. Premalatha Balachandran, an obstetrician and gynaecologist for 16 years who practices at Motherhood Hospital and Dr. Priyanka Mehta Obstetrician Gynaecologist, Laproscopic & Infertility Specialist at Apollo Women’s Hospital Chennai and also has a clinic focuses that focuses on wellness called Diva Women’s clinic. Also joining them will be Rakhi Kapoor an accomplished Physiotherapist and Counsellor and also the founder of Dwi Maternity Studio in Chennai.
- Breastfeeding Basics and Challenges by Dr Sonali Santhanam, a Lactation Consultant and a Physical Therapist specializing in women’s health issues with over 15 years of experience as a Physical Therapist. Chinta Iyer, the Creative Director and Founder of the “INTISH by Chintya clothing brand will be joining her.
- Prenatal and Postnatal Fitness by Deepti Akki a fitness freak who heads F45 Training centres in Chennai and Dr Sonali Santhanam.
- Taking Better Photos of Your Kids Using Your Cellphone by Amrita Samant, a member of the International Association of Newborn Photographers, Amrita is a multi-award-winning and internationally-published Maternity and Child photographer. She runs ‘Mommy Shots by Amrita’ with set ups in Chennai, Bangalore and Singapore and is a Canon mentor.
The Mamahood Project brings together this unique community that will unleash new perspectives and inspire social change, aiming to be the most recognized platform for mothers, mom-preneurs across India by 2022 and Asia by 2027. MiniRoo also aims to take The Mamahood Project to the unprivileged women in rural demographics to create a large scale social impact through educating these women on relevant topics like pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Location: The Park Hyatt, Velachery Main Road
Timing: March 23, 9.30 am
Tickets : eventjini.com, Contact: 9884716685